UniUD is a young dynamic university whose mission is to promote higher education by imparting knowledge and generating new ideas at the cutting edge of society. The key of our success at both the national and international level is the quality and enthusiasm of all of its components.
Founded in 1978, the University of Udine has a considerable European and International profile. It is appreciated for its student-oriented dimension and approach of the University and city itself, situated in Friuli Venezia Giulia, a pleasant region of the North-East of Italy, at the centre of Europe.
Currently (academic year 2018/2019), the University offers 38 first cycle degree courses and 39 second cycle degree courses. In addition, the University offers postgraduate teaching and research, with a broad and diverse range of training courses, specialization schools (20, mostly in medicine), university master (13) and doctorate (10) degrees. It has about 15.500 students and 652 professors and researchers. Scientific research is performed and coordinated by 8 Departments and supported by central administrative offices.
The University incorporates the latest IT-technology in its day to day work process and in international co-operation.
At the University you will find a staff of dedicated, experienced and inspirational teachers who will challenge you to achieve your best and you will find great accommodation, facilities, student support and social life. UNIUD campuses are all spacious, with plenty of gardens and green areas.
There is accommodation at student halls of residence, or if you prefer you can rent a flat in town.
The University is actively engaged in a wide range of research activities, not only locally but also in co-operation with other universities and research institutes at both national and international level and in the years it became a centre of excellence in a considerable number of fields:
- PE- Physics and Engineering: Automation, Manufacturing technologies, Mechatronics, Product Innovation, Mechanical design, Mechanics of structures and materials, Energy and mechanical systems, Mechanical industrial plants, Nano-electronics, Biosensors, Management engineering, Computer engineering and networks, Fluid machines and energy conversion systems, Computational Thermo-Fluid Dynamics, Telecommunication, Signal and image processing, Geotechnical and Hydraulic engineering, Geology, Transportation engineering, Chemical processes, Materials and chemical technologies, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computer graphics, Artificial vision, Physics, Theoretical computer science, Artificial intelligence, Software engineering and digital security, Internet of things, Human-Machine Interface, Architecture and landscape engineering.
- SSH- Social Sciences and Humanities: Cultures and cultural production, Literature, Visual and performing arts, Music, Cultural and comparative studies, Religious studies, Art history, Economics, Finance and Management, Archaeology, History and memory, Environmental studies, Social geography, Urban and regional studies, Sociology, Social anthropology, Legal Studies, Communication, Social studies of science and technology, Cognition, Psychology, Linguistics, Philosophy and Education, Philology and Paleography, Demography, Statistics.
- LS- Life Sciences: Food technology, Biology and microbiology of food, Chemistry, Genomics, Molecular biology and genetics, Agronomy, Ecology, Biotechnologies, Aquaculture, Plant pathology and physiology, Plant nutrition, Plant-soil interactions, Animal sciences, Crop and environmental sciences, Viticulture and enology, Brewery, Molecular oncology, Diagnostics and oncology therapy, Inflammatory diseases, Innovative surgery methodologies, Precision medicine, Advanced diagnostics, Physiology and physiopathology, Public health and welfare.
Moreover, the University has also been involved in many funded research projects in the recent years; the research projects design is supported by the Research and Technology Transfer Unit of the University and by the research support offices at the Departments. A multidisciplinary team of experts is also available to support all levels of projects preparation and management.
Whilst the development of scientific knowledge and higher education remains its fundamental mission, the University lays particular emphasis on transferring technology and innovative knowledge within the local economic milieu and society in general. The University supports researchers in building innovative start ups orientated to the business use of research findings and to the development of new products and services. The patents portfolio includes the prominent results of the research carried out in several fields, agriculture and medicine in particular.
The University is also involved in public engagement activities and it cooperates with regional public institutions and research centers.
Since 2016 the University obtained the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission.
Project funding (2016-2019):
- H2020: 4,4 M Euro
- Erasmus+ KA103: 4.011.031,6€
- Erasmus+ Consortia Traineeship: 947.686€
N. of EU Projects (2016-2019):
- Horizon 2020: 22 (8 MSCA)
- Other international projects: 29 (21 on international programs and 8 on communitary programs)
- European territorial cooperation: 27
- National and regional projects: 132 (69 on national programs and 63 on regional programs)
Research outputs 2019:
- N° of surveyed publications in the catalog of scientific production: 2.271
- N° of patents: 115, of wich active 52
- Spin-off: 5
- Start-up: 2
N° of scientific meetings&public events (2019): 977
N° of laboratories: 313
Research infrastructures / laboratories: 4 research centers, the Advanced Mechatronics Laboratory of Friuli-Venezia Giulia (LAMA FVG), an advanced Agricultural Company. Together with the Autonomous Region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, it contributes to the management of the University-Hospital of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Libraries and study rooms: 7 libraries and 26 study rooms
No. of student residences: 3 in Udine, 1 in Pordenone, 1 in Gemona del Friuli (UD)
Conference rooms: 3 in Udine, 1 in Pordenone, 1 in Gorizia
Canteens / Coffee bar: 9 canteens / 2 cofee bar
Other facilities: CUS – Centro universitario sportivo /University Sports Center, Scuola Superiore/School for Advanced studies
Scolarships and/or training grants activated in 2019/20:
The international mobility of students of the University of Udine is supported through various types of contributions: Erasmus + Study grants, Erasmus + Internship grants, scholarships for thesis research abroad, scholarships for inter-university international agreements.
PhD programmes activated in 2019/20:
- Food and human health
- Biomedical and biotechnological sciences
- Agricultural science and biotechnology
- Computing and Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Industrial and information engineering
- Energy and environmental engineering sciences
- Managerial and actuarial sciences
- Legal sciences
- Linguistic and literary studies
- History of art, cinema, audiovisual media and music
Masters and specialization courses activated 2019/20:
- Executive Master in Business Administration - EMBA
- 1st level Master in Digital Marketing
- 1st level Master in Human Resource Management and Work Organization
- 1st and 2nd level Masters in Directing and Governing public institutions
- Erasmus Mundus 1st level Master of Euroculture
- 2nd level Master in Intelligence and ICT
- 1st level Master in BIM - Expert in Computer Modeling and Project Management
- 1st level Master in Meditation and Neuroscience
- 1st and 2nd level master Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- 1st level Master in Inclusion of Diversity
- Master in Technological Innovation and Integrated Water Cycle Management
- 1st level Master in Digital Philosophy
- 1st level Master in Italian second language and Interculturality
- Specialization course in Project Management
- Advanced and update course "Management of university institutions" a.y. 2019-2020
- Specialization course "Gambling, the web, substances and other behavioral addictions. From knowledge to treatment"
Summer / winter school and training and updating courses:
- Summer School "Introduction school for renewable energies - SIER" a.y. 2019-2020
- Summer School "Orienting yourself in thought: between East and West" a.y. 2019-2020
- Winter School "Winter monitoring techniques of the Alpine fauna homeotherm" a.y. 2019-2020
Communication and P.A. Training Course: Transparency, Effectiveness, Digital Skills
- Gemona del Friuli
The University of Udine offers:
- assistance for obtaining visa and residence permits;
- informative video tutorials;
- administrative support for registration at our institution;
- housing facilities (each year we stipulate agreements with several Real Estate Agencies that agree to offer a tailored service to foreign students)
- languages courses;
- cultural services;
- laboratories, libraries, ICT labs and other university facilities;
- services for disabled students;
- any other additional service and facility needed.
Furthermore, UniUD is also partner of the Welcome Office Friuli Venezia Giulia, a one-stop shop for assistance and information to international students and researchers on mobility-related issues, hosting the Welcome Office Infopoint of Udine.
The University has co-operation agreements under the framework of mobility and project co-operation in Erasmus+, Erasmus Mundus and has more than 500 partner institutions in 70 countries, among which United States of America, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, South America. Every year an average of 500 students from the University study and participate in job-training abroad; over 200 international mobility students study and train at UniUD. The University International Office provides up-to-date services for international students and staff in mobility, in cooperation with regional, national and international organizations and partners.
Chancellor: Roberto Pinton
General Manager: Massimo Di Silverio
Palazzo Florio, Via Palladio 8 - 33100 Udine (Italy)
tel. +39 0432 556226
telefono: +39 0432 556387/6285
Social media / social network: