- Researcher: someone whose job is to study a subject carefully, especially in order to discover new information or understand the subject better. The category includes researchers (permenent position), research collaborators and post docs
- Student: who is enrolled in Bachelor and Master degrees, PhD courses or postgraduated trainings
- Professor: permenent teaching staff (1st and 2nd category)
- Technical/Administrative staff: the category includes also technicians and sales clerks
- Incoming: foreing incoming flows (from abroad to Italy)
- Outgoing: outgoing flows (from Italy to abroad)
- Startup company: an entrepreneurial venture which is typically a newly emerged, fast-growing business that aims to meet a marketplace need by developing a viable business model around an innovative product, service, process or a platform
- Spin-offs: divisions of companies or organizations that then become independent businesses with assets, employees, intellectual property, technology, or existing products that are taken from the parent company.
Methodological notes of "Mobility of Knowledge" Annual Survey:
The data collected refer to the following categories:
- students enrolled in regional universities and music conservatories
- foreign students who spent a study period in the region (incoming mobility, e.g. Erasmus+)
- students enrolled in regional universities and music conservatories who spent a study period abroad (outgoing mobility)
- professors (only 1st and 2nd category) and researchers working for the institutions (including temporary research fellows and research collaborators)
- foreign researchers and professors who worked in the region for a period of time (incoming mobility)
- professors (only 1st and 2nd category) and researchers employed by the institutions (including temporary research fellows and research collaborators) who carried out their activities abroad for at least 1 month (outgoing mobility).
Participants: the 18 scientific and academic institutions partners of SiS FVG
Each edition of the survey consider:
- the previous academic year for students
- data as of 31.12 of the previous year for researchers and teaching staff working for the institutions
- the entire previous year for incoming and outgoing researchers and teaching staff and for the research collaborators working for the institutions
The questionnaires, one for the universities and one for the research institutions, were submitted via email and filled in independently by the reference people of each institution, who could count on the support of Area Science Park staff.
- "Mobility of Knowledge" Annual Survey
- SiS FVG partners' data