- Researcher: someone whose job is to study a subject carefully, especially in order to discover new information or understand the subject better
- Student: who is enrolled in Bachelor and Master degrees or postgraduated trainings
- Professor: teaching staff
- Incoming: incoming flows (from abroad to Italy)
- Outgoing: outgoing flows (from Italy to abroad)
- Startup company: an entrepreneurial venture which is typically a newly emerged, fast-growing business that aims to meet a marketplace need by developing a viable business model around an innovative product, service, process or a platform
- Spin-offs: divisions of companies or organizations that then become independent businesses with assets, employees, intellectual property, technology, or existing products that are taken from the parent company.
"Mobility of Knowledge" Annual Survey