Creation of a “Scientific network of excellence” in the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region among universities, public research bodies and international research bodies
Creation of a “Scientific network of excellence” in the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region among universities, public research bodies and international research bodies to reinforce the capacity for action, attractiveness and competitiveness at a national and international level of the institutions
Consolidation of partnerships and initiatives of international cooperation to benefit the SiS FVG with the support of the appropriate offices of the MAECI and the networks of scientific experts located across the territory
It is a platform of knowledge and expertise on the “Blue Economy,” hosted by OGS and aimed at promoting a sustainable economic development and a responsible blue growth in the area of the Mediterranean Sea and of the Black Sea, in line with the EU strategy. The Platform aims to:
- promote an advanced training school in Trieste to provide courses once a year in cooperation with SiS FVG institutions (Summer School in Sustainable Blue Growth) with 50-55 participants, researchers, innovators, scientists and managers of Institutions, Universities and Research Centres from the countries of the Mediterranean and Black Sea area;
- organise a series of international workshops and seminars (2-3 per year) addressed to researchers, scientists and Research and Development specialists, to deal with issues connected to the production and control of environmental quality and sea safety, etc.;
- develop support activities for international startups and/or spin-offs focused on the Blue Growth sector collaborating within international projects;
- launch an international university Master’s degree on Blue Economy with the University of Trieste and other SiS FVG partners, thus contributing to the creation of new professional figures and more job opportunities in the Blue sector;
- collaborate within international exchange programmes.
National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics - OGS
€ 200,000 (MIUR and funds from the Institute)
The OGS Initiative on Blue Growth is strongly supported by the 5+5 Dialogue Countries, coordinated by Italy, to promote advanced education, innovation, international mobility and access to the research infrastructures for a sustainable growth in the marine and maritime sectors and with the goal of creating new jobs and increase products and services offered by the Italian industry, especially in this region, in the marine and maritime sector.
Implementation of all the planned activities by 2018.
The Master 2018 counted with the participation of 21 people and the Summer School 2018 of 27 experts from over 18 countries.