Friuli Innovazione Research and Technology Transfer Centre was set up in 1999 by the University of Udine, the Udine Industrial Association, the Fiat Research Centre, Agemont, the Pordenone Industrial Association and the CRUP Foundation. Later, other local partners granted their support, by endorsing and developing a shared strategy and objectives in innovation and technology transfer. In 2004 the Friuli Venezia Giulia Autonomous Region made a major contribution to the initiative by appointing Friuli Innovazione to launch and manage the "Luigi Danieli" Science and Technology Park in Udine. The ideal space for turning ideas into projects and research into products.
Set at the centre of Europe, in the heart of a region with a vocation for innovation and integration, in the ZIU (Zona Industriale Udinese) industrial area, only a few minutes from the European motorway network and within easy reach of several international airports, the Park hosts laboratories and companies headquarters.
The services offered are:
- Technology transfer: to promote collaboration between enterprises and the scientific and technological research network
- Enterprise funding: to inform, educate and support enterprises and researchers to identify the most appropriate finance instruments and key operating stages, search for partners and verify the eligibility for European or Italian funds
- Enterprise development: to support and assist the creation of high-technology enterprises by means of the Techno Seed incubator
- Hosting: to offer space equipped with facilities and infrastructures to develop science and technology research projects and innovative businesses.
Technical/Admin staff (2016): 13 people
N° of startups (2016): 11
N° of scientific meetings&public events (2016): 126
Square metres and headquarters/branch offices: 80.000 Sqm; headquarters at the "Luigi Danieli" Science and Technology Park in Udine.
N° of Tenants (31.12.2016): 27
Research Infrastructures/Laboratories: 4 Laboratories: Applied Genomics Institute (IGA); Laboratory of Advanced Materials; Centre of Excellence on Simulation (VI-SimCenter); TFM-LAB, Laboratory of Applied Thermo-Fluid Dynamic and Machinery. Meeting and conference rooms.
In the period 2004-2016, Friuli Innovazione has been involved in 28 European projects:
- on business startup and technology transfer topics
- with 187 partners (research institutions, public administration, industry) from 24 European countries
- with about 24 million € overall funding
President: dott. Germano Scarpa
Director: ing. Fabio Feruglio
Friuli Innovazione Research and Technology Transfer Centre
c/o “Luigi Danieli” Science and Technology Park in Udine
Via Jacopo Linussio 51 - 33100 Udine
Phone +39 0432 629 911
Fax +39 0432 603 887
Social media / social network: